For big companies operating in different companies and cities, devising marketing strategies can be tough, not to mention costly. Their marketing and advertising campaigns need to be customized to fit the needs, demands, and culture of their audience in each country.
However, small businesses do not need to go through such a complicated process in order to achieve what is called localization.
What is localization, and how can it help your business?
Localization is the process by which your product becomes tailored to meet local needs and expectations. To do this, you’ll need a localization strategy for each new market that releases products to properly fit what they want out of said items or services offered on their shores.
In the case of small businesses, localization means adjusting your marketing and advertising strategies to the areas or communities that you service.
To do this, you will need:
- A specific strategy that attaches your product or service to the culture of your target audience
- To enhance your business credibility, especially if you are a new player in the field. This will also allow customers to see you as an authority in what you offer.
- To put yourself out there and make yourself known. You need to be part of the community, and you need to be welcomed as one of them before you can gain their trust.
Advantages of Localization
Small businesses can use localization to get ahead of the competition by tapping into potential markets. Even if your company is only operating in one location, you still need to consider how to localize your product to truly resonate with people around you.
For example, you are a dentist with a successful practice, and you want a digital marketing campaign. It would be best to target the audience within a 20-minute drive from your clinic. You can also market to families or individuals in nearby cities who need the same services you offer.
Localized Social Marketing
Localized social marketing engages customers at a more personal level by utilizing customized social media content.
A local marketing approach emphasizes developing a company’s local presence by using locally-driven communication platforms to interact with the targeted local communities it serves.
According to a recent study by Entrepreneur, the global franchise industry is missing out on an enormous marketing potential because of its lack of localization.
Social media platforms are increasing new solutions to assist multi-location firms in locating their most engaged audience, expanding their brand presence, and utilizing brand authenticity.
Google My Business and why do you need it?
Having a listing on Google My Business is an excellent way to promote your business online, establish authority in your field, and attract new clients or customers.
If your business is already on Google, you should take the additional step of customizing your company’s profile. You can use Google My Business to:
- Increase your online presence and boost search engine rankings · Customize and tweak how customers see your company, services, and products · Manage clients’ reviews around the web
Customers can leave reviews on Google My Business, which will increase your ranking in local search results.
Google Maps and Local Listings
Google Maps and local listings play a crucial role in marketing your small business, but these tools can also be used to increase your website’s SEO rankings.
If you want to target certain areas with localized marketing efforts, then Google My Business is one of the best ways to accomplish that goal. You can use this tool to create a visitor map, which will show you exactly where your customers are coming from.
You can tap the potential of Facebook communities to give local businesses an edge online. It’s important to consider how Facebook works so you can figure out the best ways to approach marketing on this platform.
- Search engines index only public pages.
- Posts are not seen by everyone who likes your page.
- To get around these limitations, create a Facebook group and monitor it closely to keep it active.
Facebook Groups are useful in the following ways:
- Encouraging customers to share their experiences with your brand
- Communicating locally, setting up events, and hosting contests
- Building relationships with members of your target audience
Local Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are vital to the online marketing efforts of any small business. You must encourage local clientele to leave reviews on your business because it will help in several key areas:
- Increasing organic traffic, which means more people coming from search engines
- Boosting your authority and credibility
- Increasing conversions and sales from your website
- Making you more visible and real. After all, you’re just the shop next door.
The reviews will also help customers make informed decisions about which businesses they should support, so you need to continuously monitor reviews and respond to any negative feedback.
To recap, here are the localized marketing strategies you should use for your small business:
- Social media – Using Facebook to promote your business and monitor feedback
- Google My Business – Utilize this tool to attract new visitors and convert them into customers
- SEO – Focus on SEO for local keywords related to your industry or location
- Reviews – Leverage customer reviews to increase the authority of your brand and boost conversions
You’ll need to take these steps if you want to grow your small business, so start now.